RENATA LANDSKIND, a partner in the firm, was born in Kiev, Ukraine and grew up in Manhattan Beach, Brooklyn. After graduating from St. John's University with a Criminal Justice major, she earned a J.D. from Brooklyn Law School. Ms. Landskind specializes in Elder Law, Estate Planning, and Trusts and Estates, and focuses on the Probate and Administration of Complex Estates and Surrogate's Court Litigation. Her legal ability also extends to Asset Protection, Business Planning and Real Estate. Ms. Landskind is particularly experienced in estate planning for high-net-worth individuals, business owners, and real estate investors, whom she guides in the structuring and transfer of property to the next generation through the use of the most efficient and tax-effective methods available. In addition, Ms. Landskind assists clients in applying for and obtaining Medicaid for both in-home care and nursing home while preserving their assets for their heirs.
Ms. Landskind gained valuable Surrogate's Court experience working for the Counsel to the Public Administrator of Kings County for a number of years. Ms. Landskind draws on this expertise as she represents spouses, heirs, trustees, and executors in will and trust contests, accounting proceedings, fiduciary removal actions, kinship proceedings, and the successful probate of lost wills.
Ms. Landskind regularly appeared on the live cable television show "Ask the Lawyer," a production of the Prayer Channel (now NET). In addition, she has been a guest speaker at several New York State Bar Association estate-planning and elder law events held at various health care facilities and senior centers
"Ask The Lawyer"- Regular Appearances on this Live, Viewer Call- In Cable Television Show (Time Warner Cable Channel 97, Cablevision Channel 30); 2005-2007.
Accreditations: U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Accredited Attorney, 2009
Areas of Practice
- Probate and Estate Administration
- Elder Law
- Estate Planning
- Trusts and Estates
- Asset Protection
- Business Succession Planning
- New York, 2000
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 2004
- U.S. Tax Court, 2008
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York
- J.D. summa cum laude
- St. John's University, Staten Islands, New York
- B.S. cum laude
- Major: Criminal Justice
Honors and Awards
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Accredited Attorney, 2009 - Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
- New York State Bar Association - Trusts & Estates, Elder Law Sections
- Brooklyn Bar Association ? Surrogate?s Court Committee/Decedent?s Estates Section
- Golden Key National Honor Society
Past Employment Positions
- Law Offices of Louis R. Rosenthal, Counsel to the Public Administrator, 1997 - 1999
Call today for a complimentary Consultation.